Your Source for Backcountry and Self Defense Training
Hey everyone! Welcome to Adapt or Die | Where the Backcountry and Tactical Meet. What is Adapt or Die all about? That answer is simple- TRAINING, EDUCATION, and COMMUNITY! We started this business to develop a network of individuals that value selfless service, dedication, integrity, preparedness, and community. If we do not take personal responsibility for our safety and the safety of our loved ones, then who will?
A little bit about me:
- I am an Eagle Scout, class of 2012.
- I hold a bachelor's degree in Social Studies and a second major in History, The University of Akron, 2018.
- I enlisted in the Ohio Army National Guard in 2015 as an Infantryman. I would commission as an Officer in 2018. Subsequently, I completed the Infantry Basic Officer Course in 2019. Currently I continue to serve in the Ohio Army National Guard in an Infantry Battalion. Some of the training that I have conducted includes land navigation courses, platoon, squad, and team live fire exercises, qualification ranges for the M4, M9, M2, and MK19, as well as many other training events.
- I have hiked and backpacked hundreds of miles on trails throughout the East Coast, Rocky Mountains, Appalachian Mountains, the Southwestern U.S. , and beyond.
- Currently I hold the NRA Basic Pistol Instructor Certification as well as the USCCA Concealed Carry and Home Defense Fundamentals Certification.
This short synopsis of my background speaks to a few things: my certifications, my training in the military, and my experience in the great outdoors. My passion for training, adventure, and people stems from my role models, my study of history, and my Faith in God. Throughout all of these different life experiences I have learned that it is important to ALWAYS be a student. Teaching others has facilitated my learning, not only within the disciplines that I teach, but about myself and the world around me. I am excited to share this journey with each of you!
Remember... if you are not always prepared, you are never prepared.